|Odfjell Drilling||Offshore Drillship DSM1||20 Apr, 2012 - 10:30 Hrs|
- Loading/unloading of vessels
- Loading/unloading of containers
- Cleaning/clearing up/painting
- Maintenance work following maisy routines
- Laying out/measuring of equipment
- Moving of equipment
- Crane flagging
- Assisting rig mechanic as required
- Firewatching as required
- Helideck duties
- Participate in emergency training
- Take care of required documentation handling (manifest)
- Roustabouts shall perform miscellaneous work related to operations/maintenance and repairs on the platform and loading/unloading of equipment and materials, etc.
- Roustabout shall assist during transport and preparation for/performance of drilling operations.
- Roustabout has a duty to comply with ODFJELL DRILLING’s job instructions at all times, while displaying great flexibility in his/her job and providing assistance where Deck Foreman/Crane Operator finds it appropriate.
- Any other tasks as per required related to position as roustabout
Working hours: 07.00 am – 07.00 pm OR 07.00 pm to 07.00 am, 28 paid days followed by 28 non-paid days.
Salary: 75 USD gross per day.
Duration of work:Until 31st of December 2012, renewal possible. If workplace DSM1 moves to a country where candidate can not obtain visa the contract is automatically terminated.
Benefits: All accommodation, food and beverage provided for during work days, transfer to and from work place from Dar es Salaam or Mtwara airport.
- Work experience from oil and gas drilling operation (roustabout/rigger, roughneck/floorman, toolpusher, derrickman, mudplant operator etc), OR work experience as heavy machinery operator (forklift op, crane op etc), OR other industrial trade(mechanic, electrician, welder etc) or from an industrial background (seaman, road construction, mining, building construction etc).
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of swimming
- Tanzanian citizenship
- Passport valid until 2013
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Offshore survival course certificate (BOSIET)
- Full medical check-up (UKOOA)
- Engineering degree
MANDATORY QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
- English dictation and reading test
- Full medical check-up
- One day safety induction course
TRAINING/UPGRADING PRIOR TO CONTRACT COMMENCEMENT WHERE NECESSARY
- Off-shore survival course in Saldanha Bay, Cape Town, South Africa (5 days)
- Passport acquirement
- Yellow Fever vaccination